Raw Coconut Macaroons
Healthy, delicious raw desserts are quite simply one of my favourite things. Not only do they taste ridiculously good, but if you use the right ingredients they can be super nourishing and provide your body with a good dose of nutrients!
Today’s recipe is a great raw dessert snack that’s quick, requires very few ingredients and really hits the sweet spot!
Here’s a few other fun facts about these macaroons:
- Coconut is a natural healthy fat, an amazing beauty food that will give you glowing skin. See here for my top 10 reasons why I love coconut oil!
- Another favourite superfood – cacao – rich in antioxidants, magnesium, iron and zinc!
- Flourless, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free – so perfect for anyone with intolerances to any of these!
- Nothing processed or artificial in these babies!
- Satisfies any chocolate craving!
- Quick and easy to make – no baking required!!
(makes approx. 16)
2 cups shredded coconut
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup medjool dates (approx. 6)
¼ cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
water as needed
Mix all ingredients in a food processor, adding the maple syrup gradually and water as needed to get the right consistency.
Scoop mixture with a small spoon and onto a plate or tray lined with baking paper.
Freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks (or 2 months in freezer).
Hope you enjoy them!